This weekend was fairly productive at our house.
- I cleaned up my craft table which requires alot more than just "cleaning". I wrapped the 10 or so gifts that were waiting for me, organized all that ribbon, bagged up donate items, and packed up Thanksgiving gifts.
- Went through my closet. I bagged up all the clothes I no longer need or want. Quick Tip-at the beginning of each season turn all of your coat hangers around backwards. This way, at the end of the season you can easily tell what you have worn and what you haven't!
- Put out more Christmas decorations upstairs.
- Made my Thanksgiving dinner action plan.
- Went through magazines. This happens every few months, I sit down with my husband and we go through all of our magazines and say "keep" or "toss". Quick Tip-going through your magazines in November will save room for all of those magazines and catalogs we all get bombarded with during the holidays!
We have served this for most holidays for most of my life. My mother always made this and since I love cream cheese so much-it has become a staple in our home as well.
2 8oz packages of cream cheese
1 T worcestershire sauce
1/4 t garlic salt
2 packages of sliced ham
Chop ham fine. Mix cream cheese, garlic salt, worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 of ham. Form a ball. Cover ball with second 1/2 of ham. Refrigerate until you serve!
This recipe is super easy and it always gets gone!
Weekly Prep List
Here is my action plan for Thanksgiving! (I am hosting Thanksgiving this Friday night)
- clean entire upstairs (mega clean was just a few weeks ago-so this should just be a good basic cleaning)
- finish Christmas decorating upstairs
- finish organizing office (this is my husbands space and always needs a little extra help before company comes)
- clean entire downstairs (mega clean was just a few weeks ago-so this should just be a good basic cleaning)
- clean dining room table & parlor table
- set the tables with linens, chargers, centerpieces, & salt and pepper shakers
- make tent cards with all menu items. I use place cards for this. Quick Tip-having the name of what is what will ward of alot of questions-leaving you to enjoy the meal with everyone else!
- make apple pie & pumpkin upside down cake
- set out all serving dishes with serving utensils
- set up dessert area with dessert plates, napkins, and utensils
- make pumpkin fluff, ham ball, & romaine salad
- mop floors downstairs
- a quick clean of the bathrooms
- make ham, stuffing, & gravy
- serve & enjoy!
Check back tomorrow for a list of my full menu. I am so proud of my delegating!