I did go to the gym yesterday, but that's about all the extras I got done! I ran into an old friend at walmart, went to the gym (hooray!), and even watched a few show with my hubby. And of course I blogged too!
I did add a few more things to my "Blessing Mix" treat bags for all of our guests. I have to cut the cards describing what each item means. You can see these at organizedchristmas.com There is a pic of these, I have them at my entry way so our guests can take them as they leave.
- clean entire downstairs-this was too easy, I am waiting on the downstairs floors though until Thursday
- clean dining room table & parlor table-check! There are pictures of these tables. I may change these a the dining room table centerpiece, if I have time.
- set the tables with linens, chargers, centerpieces, & salt and pepper shakers-check!
- make tent cards with all menu items. I use place cards for this. Quick Tip-having the name of what is what will ward of alot of questions-leaving you to enjoy the meal with everyone else!-check!
- make apple pie & pumpkin upside down cake-I am working from home today so I got up early and finished both of these, the pumpkin fluff & the ham ball!
- set out all serving dishes with serving utensils
- set up dessert area with dessert plates, napkins, and utensils
Aunt Janet's Pumpkin Dump Cake
I made this for my husbands birthday last month and it was quite the hit. I will say I think it takes a little longer to bake than the recipe says. I just watch it and when it gets brown and seems to be done in the center, I take it out. This seems to be about 10-15 minutes longer.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can nonfat evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, sugar, salt, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and cinnamon. Stir in the milk, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Pour pumpkin mixture into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the pumpkin mixture, then sprinkle on the pecans. Drizzle melted butter over all. Bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool.
Trim the Tree Thursday
If you want to be listed on my blog please let me know before 8pm tonight. Please also let me know on this post. If you have already told me you want to be listed through a post, please re-post. If you told me through email please tell me again! I am away from my main computer and those emails are there. So-if you want to be listed let me know today before 8pm, post the Trim the Tree Thursday pic on your blog, post your favorite holiday decor photos, and post a link to my blog. Thanks!
I think I will be sharing pics of my hallway decor. No tree this week. I still need to pic up some grey ornaments for our Ohio State tree, I will post it next week!