Monday, November 3, 2008
Fall Cleaning Challenge & Over 300 Tricker Treaters!
I am following along-desperately trying to keep up-with www.hyperhomemaker.blogspot.com and her fall cleaning challenge. You can check out her blog for the full cleaning lists. This isn't beginner stuff!
So this weekend I finished the following off of the list:
Day 1 - Conquering the Kitchen
Make sure daily is done:
- Clear off all counter tops
- Load dishwasher
- Handwash any dishes needed
- Wipe down sink
- Wipe down stovetop-did not do!
- Wipe down all the counters
- Swiffer the floor
- Take everything out of the pantry.-skipped this
- Wipe down shelves.-skipped this too!
- Toss old items and donate unused good items.
- Repackage all messy items into nice containers.-already did last week :)
- Place all items back into the pantry in an organized fashion.-ditto previous info
- Take everything out of the fridge and freezer (placing items in a cooler with all the remaining ice.
- Scrub down the inside and outside of the fridge, shelves, doors, ice maker and freezer.
- Replace water filter if you have one.-has to be ordered
- Clean fridge condenser coil.-didn't do this
- Toss old or useless food.
- Place everything back into fridge in an organized fashion.
- Take ALLL your items out of all your cabinets and drawers. Yes... ALL!-skipped
- Wipe down the inside of all cabinets and drawers.-skipped cabinets but finished drawers
- Wipe down the inside of all containers such as utensil holders.
- Store items not used in over 6 months, or summer seasonal items.
- Thinking logically (ie - potholders next to stove, towels next to sink), try to put everything back in a more useful and purposeful place, and in an organized fashion.
- Scrub down the cupboard exteriors, from to of the kitchen to bottom.
Day 2 - Conquering the Kitchen
All Those Appliances:-Replace water filters in sink, coffeemaker etc.
-Descale coffee maker (run through white vinegar and then 2-3 more cycles of just water)
-Polish all appliances-not yet
-Clean out microwave and vent-didn't clean out microwave, but I finished the vent!
-Clean out/replace stove hood filter-too new to need to be done!
-Self clean or scrub out stove-perfectly clean!
-Clean drain (baking soda, vinegar, cover, sit, then add boiling water to wash it down)
Make it Shine:
-Shine sink (Bon Ami, then Windex)
-Dust from top of kitchen to bottom
-Clean that fan or light fixture
-Scrub windows (yes...even that awful interior seal)
-Wash the dish rack, sink liner, and/or drain stoppers
-Scrub tile grout (yeah, I said it!)
-Clean and disinfect inside of trash can-forgot this one
-Vacuum and scrub/mop floor-I also cleaned the rugs with the carpet cleaner!
I also cleaned the couch and 2 chairs in the parlor with the upholstery attachments on my carpet cleaner, cleaned the entry rug and hallway rug with it too! I dusted the parlor & cleaned the throws.
In the dining room I cleaned-razor blade clean-the mirror, polished the table, dusted, and cleaned all the linens.
I also did a few loads of laundry. All while having over 300 tricker treaters and a few guests over Friday night-WHAT A WEEKEND!