If you have been following my blog you know I have been working on Christmas and Thanksgiving for a while now. I have several goals this year and I would like to tell you why I have these goals. I know many of you can relate.
My first goal is to have ALL Christmas shopping finished by November 30th. I want to finish the day after Thanksgiving, but I will give myself a couple extra days. (we might be going somewhere special on the 30th and they have a giftshop-more on this later) Do know that I start the day after Christmas every year. I have done this for several years now. Our family is ginormous and I absolutely could not afford Christmas if I didn't start that early and shop sales throughout the year. I refuse to have a credit card and pay for Christmas 08 in 09!
My second goal is to scale back on the parties. I am still hosting Thanksgiving, my annual cookie exchange, & Christmas Eve Brunch. However, instead of hosting a different group of each of our families on a different night I am having an Open House. All of our family is welcome and so are our friends and neighbors. This Open House will take 3 parties I hosted last year off of my list!
My third goal is to enjoy Christmas. This may sound funny for a person that lives for December, but last year both my husband and I simply gave out on Christmas Eve-it was miserable! So this year less=more!
I will include that last year we moved into our home on August 3'rd and had 3 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, dining room, hallways, & entry way painted. The painting lasted until Thanksgiving! So I was definitely behind schedule!
In order to reach these goals I have finished the following:
- Most gifts are bought
- Gifts are wrapped
- Christmas cards are done
- 1 tree is finished-upstairs of course
- 1 tree is almost finished-upstairs too
- Christmas linens are washed
- I have started washing my Christmas dishes
- My holiday recipes are organized and sorted together
- My fall cleaning is finished-thank you Katie
- I have started buying holiday baking essentials
- My Thanksgiving menu is planned
- I bought almost all items for Thanksgiving Menu
- I DELEGATED several side items, desserts, bread, & even the sweet tea!
- I finished Thanksgiving gifts
- I started making Thanksgiving dinner-Frozen Cranberry Salad
Only have 5 minutes? Start stamping your envelopes and addressing them for your Christmas cards-don't seal them-you may become real festive and include a pic or a newsletter at the last minute!