Friday, November 7, 2008

Trim the Tree Thursday -and an update from last night



I love to look at everyones Holiday decorations and I know I'm not alone! So starting next Thursday I am going to host Trim the Tree Thursday. You can post pictures of your Christmas tree, your fall wreath, whatever holiday decorations you choose!

If you would like to be included simply post a comment and let me know and I will list your blog! Ooh, I am super excited!

Last Night
After talking with my several family members, several times each, we have decided on a date that will work. (this was way too hard) November 21'st @ 5:00, yes we are having Thanksgiving on a Friday night. This simply was the only day that would work! Good news is that I will have an extra week to get ready.

I also decided against the buffet table. I had it in my head that I had to put it up. I always have for big get togethers. However, last Christmas I got my oh so loved island, and now I don't need a buffet table! Hooray!

I did have a scavenger hunt in the basement and still cannot find my chair covers! I hate to see a folding metal chair without one. Maybe I will find them by the 21'st-we shall see!

The guest list has all been called, the parlor table has been set up, the menu has been finalized, my list was finished!

Tonights To Do's:

Go to the Gym

Don't forget that during this busy time we still need to take care of our bodies!

Finish Laundry
Put in a load this morning, when I get home I will finish it. I also need to clean the laundry room-spick and span!

Make Frozen Cranberry Salad
You can make this ahead of time and have it ready to go! I just pull it out about 5min before we serve dinner. I am going to make a few tonight and have them ready!

Frozen Cranberry Salad
14oz can Eagle Brand Milk
16oz can whole berry cranberry sauce
20oz can crushed pineapple, drained
8oz tub of cool whip
Mix together, pour into 9x13 dish & freeze

Those "cranberry haters" in our family even love this! Although it is called a "salad" it is much like a dessert. I don't really tell them otherwise ;)

*A special thanks to mrspaz who created the trim the tree thursday photo for me*

8 comments:

April said...

What a great blog event!! and I think that I will make this cranberry salad for Thanksgiving. As for the TN Thanksgiving, mine with the inlaws is going to be on the 22nd, and get this, the time is to be determined by the time of the football game!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I'll mark my calendar and come back on Thursday!! and I am off to check and see why my blog roll is not updating when you post. Hummm...gotta fix that!!

Karen At Home Blog said...

Sounds like so much fun, please include me!

Susie said...

I can't wait to see all the pictures next week;-)

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

I'll give the Trim a Tree Thursday a whirl...sounds like fun! So count me in. Does it start on this Thursday, November 13th? Susan

Gone said...

Hi Brett...

Am I to understand that this is going to be a WEEKLY event? Or am I all wrong and it's ONLY TODAY?

I hope it's a weekly event...I have oh, so many pix to share!!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Unknown said...

Oh, Thanks for hosting this. I love looking at other beautiful homes. I have to get some old pics gathered.

Debbie said...

I can do this! My stuff is old tho.... But much loved. That has to count for something. I'm a little unsure how to do this tho.... do I link to you? This site? Just post my pics and then leave a comment on your site?
Thanks