Friday, November 21, 2008

Trim the Tree Thursday offical signup-Week Recap

I want to say THANK YOU to all of you who have been a part of Trim the Tree Thursday. It is so much fun to look at everyones holiday decor and to share my own. This event has quickly taken off!

Trim the Tree Thursday Official Signup

If you would like to remain on the list every week through december please comment with a link to your blog and say 'December'

If you would like to remain on the list indefinitely please comment with a link to your blog and say 'Indefinitely' (this would mean you share your Easter, St.Patricks, Valentines, etc. decor)

If you just want to be added on a weekly basis you will need to tell me on Wednesday the day before you join with a comment telling me to add you and with a link to your blog.

Thanks ladies!

Due to Thanksgiving we will not have a Trim the Tree Thursday next week. We will restart on December 4th. this give all of you ladies plenty of time to get your decor up!

Week Recap
Well, I finished everything! I even finished a few other things as well. :)
Yesterday I:
  • vacuumed our downstairs hardwood floors (i love my dyson attachment!)
  • mopped the downstairs floors
  • dusted everything downstairs
  • made extra room in the parlor closet for guests coats. Quick Tip: Clean and Organize your "drop off" space. This may be a hallway closet, coat tree, boot tray, etc. Make sure there is room for your guests to feel at home in your home!
  • set up appetizer area in living room. Quick Tip: Want to keep people mingling throughout your home instead of hovering over you in the kitchen? Put the appetizers in another room!
  • Cleaned downstairs guest bath
  • Burned Pumpkin Nectarine scented oil by The Body Shop Quick Tip: The day before a party make sure your home smells wonderful. Burn something that is quite strong. This way you don't have to worry about burning anything while you have guests. Your home will already smell wonderful!
  • Set up dessert area in kitchen complete with flatware, dessert plates, napkins, & the desserts that I made.
  • Set up drink area in kitchen complete with-only glasses! I will warm up the cider when I get home and put that out along with a pitcher of ice water. My brother in law is bringing the best sweet tea in town! Thank you Red Pig!
  • Set out all serving dishes, serving utensils, jplates, & flatware. I now know everything will fit on our kitchen island. Our island will be serving as the buffet.
  • I also set out all dry ingredients on it's fitting serving dish. Now when I go home and have limited time to finish everything at least all of my dry items and recipes are already out!
Now all I have to do is bake the ham (it's already been cooked-smoked actually, so I will add the glaze and warm it up!), make the stuffing, and make the topping for my romaine salad. Then, enjoy all of my hard work, and my company of course!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I am going to leave this post at the top until Monday so that everyone will have time to respond about Trim the Tree Thursday.

My weekend will be filled with Christmas decorating downstairs, parents jewelry show, kidstuf at church (I am an actress in the skits), and working in the nursery Sunday morning. A busy weekend for me! My goal-finish the living room tree and living room decor. Put all fall decor up. I should be able to reach that goal!

28 comments:

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Put me down as Indefinitely after this Thursday...I won't be participating next week since it's Thanksgiving. Thansk for being the hostess w/ the mostess! ;o)

April said...

I am good through December! Thanks for a great event!

Anonymous said...

Please put me down INDEFINITELY! I love participating in this and I especially love reading your blog and envying your organizational skills!

Terri Steffes said...

I will join you on the fourth and sign up weekly. I have found that when I promise things long term that Fate steps in and makes a mess of my plans!

Dana and Daisy said...

I would love to do this thru December!

http:acatinmylap.blogspot.com

Melissa Miller said...

Hello, I enjoyed participating and really appreciate you hosting it for us all. I will have to play it by ear for next time and let you know.
Have a wonderful weekend. ~Melissa

Megan said...

Thru december for me! Thanks for hosting such a great event.

Kathy said...

For right now, December! This has been fun, Brett...
Kathy@ Mimi's Garden

http://mimisgarden.blogspot.com

Susie said...

That's a great checklist for party prep. I have everything done too so, I am looking forward to a relaxing holiday:-0

Julie said...

I can't wait to hear how your Thanksgiving went. We had ours yesterday. I made the Pumpkin Fluff that you had posted and everyone loved it! Pic in blog.

Carrie said...

Just stopping by to let you know about the holiday giveaway on my nativity blog. Here’s the link:
http://carolanativitygallery.blogspot.com/2008/11/holiday-giveaway.html
Carrie

Kathleen Ellis said...

Put me down for indefinitely! This is fun, thank you! and inspiring!
Thanksgiving Blessings~

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hope you and your family have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving...hugs and smiles Gloria

Gypsy aka Tam said...

Please add me to Trim The Tree through December. Thank you for hosting a great event. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving,
Tam

http://www.gypsycorner.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

ah ha! I found you! ;)

I'd love to start after Thanksgiving - indefinitely.

http://evangelines.blogspot.com/
http://mittensmuse.blogspot.com/

Your blog is developing into a treasure! I love it! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Count me in through December. Thanks for hosting.
Charlotte

cinnamongirl93 said...

Hello! This is my first visit to your blog. I came over via Jan and Tom's place. I am participating in the Christmas card swap and thought I would come over and say Hi!
I love you idea for the trim a tree thursday. Sign me up for December. This is just the push I need to get out all of my decorations!
cinnamongirl93.blogspot.com

Miss Janice said...

I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I do want to participate in Trim the Tree Thursday, but I will have to let you know maybe by Tuesday. I am unpacking and getting organized now....

redsoxmom said...

Would like to join in the fun through December! My brand spankin' new spot is: lindacarolinehome.blogspot.com

Salmagundi said...

Sign me up for Trim the Tree Thursday through December. Thanks for hosting this event. Sally

sallyssalmagundi.blogspot.com

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Hi Brett....please put me down for this Thursday. Can't wait!

JudyBug said...

Add me please to participate all of December...This will be my first!

http://dishingondecor.blogspot.com/

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Brett...I want to participate in Trim the Tree Thursdays in December. Hope you are feeling better!

Unknown said...

Hi Brett! I hope I'm not to late for this Thursday. It's only 5ish here. I would love to be included for the month of December. Thanks so much for hosting!

~Liz~

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Please put me down for December!
:-) Thanks! Great idea!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Oh...my blog link is:
betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Thanks again,
Susan

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

December!
I'll be ready for the few Thursdays left this month. Meanwhile, there area few blogs listed on today's post that I have never been to...
Katie