Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cookies

I made Oatmeal/Cranberry/White Chocolate Cookies & Candy Corn the other day-when it starts getting cold I just want to bake!










I took the candy corn recipe from http://abbysweets.blogspot.com/
Her candy corn is beautiful! I didn't use a sifter and I think that made the "dough" harder to work with-still tastes great though!

I took the Oatmeal/Cranberry/White Chocolate Cookies recipe from Quaker Oats.com

Here it is:ingredients
2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 cups Old Fashioned Quaker® Oats, uncooked
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
One 6-ounce package dried cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips
preparation
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. In medium bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. In separate bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.

Servings: 2-1/2 DOZEN

7 comments:

April said...

I am glad that you tried the candy corn! It looks great! The cookies do too! question, are the cookies chewy? If so, send me the recipe, please. :)

April said...

OMG!!! You did post the recipe!! I am so blind today!! LOL

Anonymous said...

How freaking cute are those candy corn cookies!?!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Your cookies have me drooling, oatmeal is my fav.

You have a wonderful blog, I enjoyed browsing through. I am in E. TN too...I think it used to be Mayberry but it's growing fast. What part of E. TN are you in?

Bo said...

Thank you for dropping by to see my tablescape and your sweet comments! Your candy & cookies look divine...yum! ;-) Bo

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Yum...those look good! BTW, I have a little award for you today over at my blog! Susan

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

I HAVE to make the candy corn...how cute are they?