Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year New Goals!

I'm back! Sorry for the long delay, our Christmas is long and actually we still aren't finished! There is still 1 more house to go to and 1 more Christmas party.

So I must say this Christmas was my favorite one in the last few years. We spread it out, planned ahead, and it was fantastic!

My goal for the new year-run in the 4k Apple Festival run in October. I think this is a very feasible goal. Another goal is to become a runner. I have even been dreaming about it :) This goal will be tough for me, but I want to at least give it a try!

Did you set a goal? Try following my 5 minute tips. A very small goal that can go a long way!

All of our decorations are still out and won't be put up until next week. We are having family in this weekend and they want to see everything. This weeks Trim The Tree Thursday will feature our Parlor. Next week I will hopefully have everything up from Christmas and have Valentines Day items out.

Monday Game Plan
  • Finish 1 load of laundry
  • Clean upstairs bathroom
  • Run (slow jog really)
  • Go to gym (I will slowly jog the long way there)
  • Enjoy my evening! (Free rental from RedBox & leftover Ham Bone Soup from Saturday)

QuickTip: Take 1 day and buy all of your birthday and anniversary cards for the year. Keep them in a card organizer sorted by month. This way you will always have what you need on hand!

Only have 5 minutes? Take your 5 precious minutes and clear some clutter in a room. Each day take that same 5 minutes in a different room. You will be amazed what 5 minutes will accomplish!

5 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

Oh yeah, I am going to do the card thing and the 5 minute thing. Sounds so easy!

Unknown said...

I think I am going to try the card deal... even put the stamp on the envelope so I don't have an excuse for not sending them.. : )

Our Christmas is still up too. This weekend is the big take down.

Have a great week!
~Liz

Melissa Miller said...

WELCOME BACK BRETT!
HOPE YOU HAVE A HAPPY AND BLESSED NEW YEAR! ;)

Tootsie said...

I bought the cards one year...addressed them and everything...then forgot to send any one of them! So...that is not happening again...but...the 5 minute thing...each night me and the three kids take 10 minutes out of our evening and tidy up anything that is laying around and straighten up...it is amazing how much 4 people can get done in those few minutes....(I use 10 as it takes the kids 5 for them to stop complaining and get started!)

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

You can totally do a 4K by October if you start now. I was NOT a runner last year, and I started in June and ran a 3K in October.

Have you heard of the Couch to 5K program? It's great to get you in the habit.